Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TWD : Irish Soda Bread

This round of Tuesdays With Dorie, Baking with Julia, is Irish Soda Bread.  I'd made this once before, years ago, before kiddos.....when I was first learning to bake.  I can't remember anything about how it had come out, so I didn't know what to expect with this one.

This recipe could not have been easier!  There's only 4 ingredients!  Flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk......that's it!  Throw the ingredients into a bowl, mix together, the knead the mixture for about a minute.  Form into a loaf and bake.  In about an hour you'll be slicing up some delicious, hot bread (yes, I know you're supposed to wait until it totally cool.....but really, can you wait??)  We had our with some creamed honey on top.  Delicious!!  I'm sure a lot of the bakers will have added some fun additions (dried fruit, nuts, herbs), but I kept mine nice and simple.

To see the other baker's results, go to Tuesdays with Dorie.  For the recipe, check out our hosts.......Cathy at My Culinary Mission or Carla at Chocolate Moosey.......and Enjoy!

This post is linked to:


11 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait either! I cut my first loaf a few minutes after it came out of the oven :) Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't wait until it was cooled either. Your loaf looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey is always a good idea :-)
    Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at creamed honey! I might just have to make another loaf to try this with honey! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is impossible to wait for this bread to cool. Must slice when still a bit warm and slather with butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good! I have yet to attempt bread, but I think I will soon!

    I am pleased to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Please check out my blog for the details!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    Have a super night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your loaf looks absolutely delicious! I bet it was great with creamed honey. And no, I can never wait for things to cool, It's genetically impossible for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. my gosh, I can never wait for that bread to cool! Yours looks simply delicious, especially with the creamed honey. Did you make that or where can it be procured, do tell, please.

    ReplyDelete