Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Thing of Beauty

Seriously......is that not the most gorgeous box of cookies you have ever seen?

I was the lucky recipient of this incredible box of macarons a couple of weeks ago......you should have seen the ridiculously huge smile on my face when I opened the box!!  These bad boys are from Bottega Louie (in downtown Los Angeles).....and I can't even begin to tell you how much trouble I'd be in if they were just a bit closer (downtown is about 45 minutes away from me, on a good day).

Not only were these possibly the tastiest macarons I've ever had (even tastier than 'lette macarons in Beverly Hills), but I've never seen them with such a crazily intense color palette.....it's like a rainbow in a box!  And they came in a beautiful pink box tied up with a ribbon....I think they would make the cutest hostess gifts!

Two of my favorites....the light orange one in the middle.....hello, pumpkin!!  And the brown one up in the corner that I assumed would be a plain chocolate one......chocolate with salted caramel.....delicious!!

Many many thanks to Rachel for introducing me to this awesome shop....you'd better believe that any time I'm anywhere near there I will be making a stop!



No comments:

Post a Comment