Tuesday, June 5, 2012

TWD : Oasis Naan


For this round of Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking with Julia) we made Oasis Naan......a kind of Persian Naan.  I almost didn't make this since we're right in the middle of packing......but after reading the recipe I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm so glad I did!  

There are only a handful of ingredients and once you've got the dough together you can let it sit for a few hours while it rises (or overnight in the fridge).  When it's time to form the Naan you need to prick the dough all over (I used a fork)......but I think I should have pricked the dough a tad more vigorously......look how much it puffed up!  No matter......the hubby loved this!  Topped with some sea salt, cumin, and chopped scallions......delicious!

To see the other bakers' results, check out Tuesdays with Dorie.......and for the recipe check out our hosts, Maggie at Always Add More Butter or Phyl at Of Cabbages and King Cakes.....and Enjoy!

This post is linked to:

3 comments:

  1. The pricking was tricky and you really can´t tell until the breads start to puff! I´m glad you liked them because they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though everyone's puffed up! Your naans look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a puffy dough. I found that the ones that came out best were the ones that I "attacked" right before they went into the oven.
    Good luck with the packing!

    ReplyDelete