Sunday, November 11, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Carrot cake is something that falls into the "take it or leave it" category.  Not really my thing.  Chocolate.......caramel.......now THOSE are my things.  However, I do try really hard to make other people's favorite things as well as my own.

For my father-in-law's birthday I decided to try a new carrot cake recipe for him, since carrot cake is one of his favorites (as well as a favorite of most of the guys in our family).  When I think of carrot cake, I usually think of a really heavy overly-spiced cake with gobs of drab cream cheese frosting.  Hmmm......based on that description, I guess you can figure out why I'm not a huge fan of it.

I tried the Carrot Cake Cupcake recipe from the SoNo Baking Company Cookbook.  I've had the book for a while, and just hadn't gotten around to trying anything yet.  These were a huge hit!  The cupcakes are light and fluffy (it uses cake flour, instead of AP flour), with just enough spice.  And can we talk about the amazing cream cheese frosting on these bad boys??!??  It's got the addition of orange zest and fresh ginger!  It totally wakes up and brightens the frosting.  Delicious!

Give these cupcakes a try the next time you have a hankering for carrot cake.  You won't be disappointed!  Go to Project Foodie for the recipe.......and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment