Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Club: Baked - Baked Grits

Sorry for the horrible picture.  Late dinner!
For this round of Club: Baked we are tackling the only savory recipe in the book, Baked Grits.  During our vacation in Charleston, SC and Asheville, NC this past summer, the hubby and I tried our fair share of grits, and loved almost all of them!  So when the hubby realized that I would be making grits, you better believe he was a happy camper!

Living in California, I wasn't sure stone ground grits would be super easy to find.......so I was happily surprised when I found that Trader Joe's had started carrying stone ground grits about a month or two ago!  These are very simple to put together.....you just need to give it time to cook.  Cooked in milk and finished with a ton of cheese......how could these not be great?

The hubby absolutely adored these!  They are absolutely worth the time it takes to make them.  And the next day?  After the grits had cooled off and firmed up I sliced them and fried the slices.....little grit cakes....yum!

Check out the other baker's results here......and check out Lisa at Gourmified for the recipe......and Enjoy!

This post is linked to:
Tuesday Talent Show - T' Time - Tasty Tuesday - Link It Up Wednesday - Cast Party Wednesday - Full Plate Thursday - Bake with Bizzy - Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday - Friday Favorites - Feed Your Soul - Friday Free-For-All - Anything Goes Linky - Friday Food - Fun Stuff FridaysSweets for a Saturday - Seasonal Inspiration - Scrumptious SundayWhat Makes You Say Mmmmm Monday? - Mix It Up Monday - Show Me What You Got

6 comments:

  1. Great idea for the leftovers. We still have plenty even though I halved the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone bought their grits at Trade Joes!! I am going to have to try frying some of my leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopping over to get that recipe. This looks so delicious and I want to know how to make it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to learn to love grits. This recipe might do the trick. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could find stone-ground grits in my area! I'm jealous you have a Trader Joe's nearby. I've only been while visiting CA, and fell in love! I love your idea of frying the leftovers! There was so much for my family that I froze some of it! I'll have to pull it out to fry it up for breakfast this weekend! Great idea!

    Thanks for baking with me!
    -Lisa @Gourmified

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete