Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thin Mint Truffles

Two boxes of Thin Mints......that was all that was left in the pantry from this year's Girl Scout Cookies sale. It's always such a sad feeling when you know that there aren't going to be any more Girl Scout Cookies until next year.....and then the happiness you feel when "it's Girl Scout Cookies time!!!"

These days I've got so many Girl Scouts that I need to buy cookies from......I had to find another way to use up some of the cookies. And I'm not the only one....I've seen tons of recipes out there using Thin Mints, Samoas, and Do-Si-Do's. Well, in our house, Thin Mints reign supreme, so I had to try out the Thin Mint Truffles that I saw on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. This is actually the second time I've made these......the first time was a total success.....so I knew I'd be making them again.....with the last couple of boxes!
These are very similar to the Oreo Truffle recipes that you'll see out there......bash the heck out of the cookies till they resemble cookie dust, mix with cream cheese, form into little balls, chill for a couple of hours, melt your choice of chocolate, dip the balls in chocolate and chill till it hardens. Done.....voila!

I packed up these puppies in pairs with some cute ribbon and gave them to the teachers at our son's preschool. Just a little something to say "Thanks!"

Check out Confessions of a Cookbook Queen for the recipe.....and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment