Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blueberry Zucchini Bread


I found myself with an abundance of blueberries and zucchini this week.  Hmmmmm......what to do with them........

I checked the recipe section of my CSA (Abundant Harvest Organics), and lo and behold.....there's a recipe for Blueberry Zucchini Bread.  Well, I like Blueberry bread, and I like Zucchini Bread.......but would I like those two flavors together?  I wasn't positive....but I thought it was worth a shot!  And since it's a quick bread, the only difficulty is in grating the zucchini.....and really, how difficult is that?

Well, the answer is I love it!  And the hubby absolutely adores this bread (he insists it's cake!)!  The zucchini keeps this bread super duper moist, and the sweet blueberries add delicious bursts of flavor to go with the cinnamon-spiked bread.  Definitely will be remaking this at some point soon!

BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD

3 eggs lightly beaten                                    
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil                                       
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp vanilla extract                                      
¼ tsp baking soda
2 ¼ cups white sugar                                    
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini                             
1 pint fresh blueberries
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a large loaf pan or muffin tins.


Beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl.  Add in the shredded zucchini.   Mix in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon until combined.  Then gently add the blueberries and fold into the mixture.


Transfer the batter to the loaf pan or muffin tins.  For a loaf pan, bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.  In a muffin tin bake for 15-20 minutes.


Cool and then turn out onto wire racks.

Enjoy!


This post is linked to:

5 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious. I'm a big blueberry fan. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought of combining those two either, but it looks and sounds like a winner, Kirsten. Did I tell you I love the premise of your blog? Great idea, and you do it right by giving credit for the recipes and blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is still one more day to link up BLUEBERRY recipes to our linky party and I LOVE your blueberry recipe! We hope you can stop by before Midnight tomorrow and link up! THANKS SO MUCH! :-)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-weeks-cravings-37-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to try new recipes for zucchini bread. I love both zucchini bread and blueberries but have not thought of putting both together but I've got to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,
    This looks like a great summertime bread with wonderful summer fruit flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and please come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete