Saturday, July 9, 2011

Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots


Ok......last 4th of July post, I promise!!  I decided these Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots from Bakers Royale would be a fun, adult-only little treat on a hot day.  I had been seeing a picture of these floating around on Pinterest, and they just looked so pretty and so cute....they immediately went into my Have to Try file :)

Strawberry Jello spiked with Tequila and Cointreau in a beautiful strawberry rimmed with salt and garnished with lime......such a pretty little treat!  I don't do to much with Jello so I'm glad that I read this recipe through a few days before I was going to make it, because it does need to sit in the fridge overnight so that the Jello can set up.  The jello was fantastic tasting......absolutely tasted like a strawberry margarita jello shot......I could have totally seen this in my college days in little paper cups (just the jello part....no one would have bothered with the cute strawberry part).  There was extra jello (I guess I didn't prep enough strawberries), so I just poured the extra into a bowl to be scooped out later.

My one complaint about these guys would be the salt on the top of the strawberries.  I didn't think about it while I was making them, but usually when you get a flavored margarita the rim of the glass would be coated in sugar, not salt, right?  I think that sugar would have gone better with these than salt.....it just didn't quite work for me.

Check out Bakers Royale for the recipe.....and Enjoy!

This post is linked to:
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Sweets for a Saturday
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday
Sharing Sunday
This Week's Cravings

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love them. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/07/sweet-indulgences-sunday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute unique idea! I will definitely be trying this... with sugar :) I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete