Monday, July 11, 2011

O' Cap'n My Cap'n

Say "Hello" to the Cap'n!  Does this guy remind you of your childhood?  We didn't have this in the house often growing up......and when we did, it was usually the kind with crunchberries (which I can't stand).  I can totally remember picking out all of those dang crunchberries before pouring my milk in the morning.   All of those fruity kids cereals are pretty disgusting to me......Fruit Loops, and Fruity Pebbles included!  But plan old Cap'n Crunch......yum!!

A couple of months ago I got the cookbook, Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey, by Jill OConner.  A cute little book with a bunch of yummy recipes......I don't know why I hadn't gotten around to making something from it.  Oh wait, it probably has something to do with the insane amount of cookbooks that I have amassed with my major cookbook obsession!!

Anyhoooooo.......I was flipping through it looking for something kid friendly, and I saw this recipe in it for Cap'n Crunch Crispy Treats.  I love almost anything that has a ton of marshmallows, and cereal treats are so quick to put together, so why not?

Let me tell you.....these thing are great!  A little sweeter than Rice Krispy Treats, since the cereal is sweeter to start with.  I had been planning on dipping one end of these in chocolate, and topping with sprinkles......but I think it would have been too much (good golly, did I just say that?).  They were just great as is.

If you're a fan of the fruity cereal.....you could totally use the Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries....or heck, go crazy and make some with Fruity Pebbles (I wouldn't eat them, but they sure would be pretty!).

Check out the recipe from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey, on Food.com.......and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment