Sunday, October 23, 2011

Frankencrispies

Say Hello to my new little friend!  I call him Frankencrispy....and I think he's adorable!

I saw these Frankenstein Rice Krispy Treats Pops over at Pop.O.Licious.  They had made them as pops....but when I tried to do that I had a little trouble.  Once I got the green candy melt coating on these guys they got so heavy that they pulled right off of the stick......so instead they became little hand held guys.

To make these guys you'll need:

green candy melts
black or brown jimmy sprinkles
candy eyes
black food marker

Melt the green candy sprinkles, and while still wet, dip the top of the head in the jimmies and lay on it's back on wax paper. Sprinkle a few more jimmies on the front of the head.  Add the candy eyes (to make the eyelids you'll kind of scrape the eyes into the candy coating as you're putting the eyes into place).  Let dry completely.  Once dry, use a black food marker to draw on the mouth and a scar.  Or, if you have black candy melts, you could melt those down and pipe on a mouth and scar.

Have fun with these......and remember, they're monsters....they don't have to look perfect!!

Packed up and ready to go!
This post is linked to:
Sweet Indulgences Sunday - Monday, Mmmm...Dessert - Tasty Tuesday - Tuesday Talent Show - T' Time - Crazy Sweet Tuesday - These Chicks Cooked - Cast Party Wednesday - This Week's Cravings - It's a Keeper Thursday - Turning the Table Thursday - Sweet Treats Thursday - Full Plate Thursday - Bake with Bizzy - Show Off Your Stuff - Pin'Inspirational Thursday - Fusion Fridays - Fat Camp Friday - I'm Lovin' It - Friday Favorites - Friday FoodSweet Tooth Friday - Anything Goes Linky - Sweets for a Saturday - Seasonal Inspiration - Halloween Traditions Link up

15 comments:

  1. How adorable! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble making pops every now and then. I also loooove how Halloween monsters, etc. never have to be perfect since they look better a little wonky anyway. :)

    I'm hopping over from Something Swanky's blog hop and am your newest follower (here and on pinterest). I would love if you followed me back at purplestpecalin.blogspot.com. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! These are so cute! I love them. My boys would love to have them for their Halloween party on Friday. Thanks for inspiring and sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wicked cute.......good job andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here from Joy of Desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the cutest little monsters. Just love 'em. :-) Thank you for linking at Joy of Desserts, Kirsten.
    Come by and enter my giveaway if you get a chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these!! What an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only are these adorable, but they’re happy Frankensteins...perfect for little ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to say I'd probably never make these but they are hilarious and would be great for a Halloween party. Thanks for posting and making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made krispies like this for Easter, but so cute for Halloween decorated and all!

    We would love to see these linked-up on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Halloween" Linky Party, please stop by if you wish and link up!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-weeks-cravings-52-halloween-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My, this is adorable and so cute.. Love it.. I would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These look great! So glad we could help inspire you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are super cute!

    I would love for you to link this to my Halloween Traditions Link Up!

    ReplyDelete