Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Bounty of Summer


I think I've mentioned a couple of times that I've rejoined Abundant Harvest Organics after taking a year hiatus.  What this means is that once a week I get a box of produce of whatever's in season and ready for picking (basically a CSA program).  

It's always fun opening the box and see what surprises are inside.....and during the summer it's usually all delicious, amazing stuff!  I mean, look at that picture......it's just full of summer awesome-ness.......my mind immediately starts trying to figure out stuff to do with it all.  There was a ridiculous amount of plums/pluots in this week's delivery, as well as last week's........so I'll be making some type of plum cake in the next couple of days to make sure that those go to good use.  The veggies are soooo tasty too.....it's so easy to just make a giant salad as a dinner......even my carnivore hubby is happy!

Come winter is when it gets a little tougher for me......strange veggies start appearing that force me out of my veggie comfort zone.  But I'm determined this year to give everything a try.....who knows.....I may find a new favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment