Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Magic of Biscoff


Have you heard of Biscoff cookies?  They're a brand name of a speculaas cookie that is served on Delta airlines.  They are kind of a cross between a cinnamon graham cracker and a gingersnap.  For several years when I started working out of college, I was a consultant in the software industry, and travelled a lot!  Let me just say that I may have had one or two Biscoff cookies during that time (and may have stuck some in my bags to have later).  

Fast forward to the last couple of months, and all of a sudden I keep seeing mentions of these cookies.......people using the cookies in recipes for other cookies......recipes for the cookie itself....and then Biscoff spread (with ground up cookies in it!).  I couldn't find either the cookies or the spread in any of the grocery stores by me, so I ended up buying some of both online.  First up, the spread......

Holy guacamole.....is this stuff tasty!!  

I saw a recipe for Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies on Two Peas and their Pod and figured this was a good starting off point for my adventures with Biscoff.  Super easy to make......but soooo dangerous!  These cookies are good!!!  I had to start giving them away so I wouldn't eat them all......that was a real possibility with these.  Everyone I handed them out to agreed that these were great......really tasty and really chewy.  I can't wait to try some other recipes with this stuff!

In case you were wondering.....I ended up buying the spread here.

Check out Two Peas and their Pod for the recipe......and Enjoy!!

P.S. - Tonight is the last episode of Ludo Bites America on the Sundance Channel.....if you haven't seen it, check it out!!  I love me some Ludo!!  And tomorrow is the premiere of Season 2 of Top Chef: Just Desserts.......woo-hoo!!!!

This post is linked to:

6 comments:

  1. way to go, they looks scrumptious!!! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another cookie to add to my Christmas Cookie Tray. Thanks for sharing at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back and join me next week for another awesome party full of fansastic recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound delicious! Yes, I agree with the previous poster - these will make my cookie try this Christmas. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love speculaas. LOOOOVE IT. Thanks for this. I might have to add it to my holiday repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,
    Thanks for putting us on the trail of the recipe for these great Biscoff cookies. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize this little Belgian Lotus cookie had made it to the States, and San Francisco no less. Thank you for alerting all of us. I can't wait. ;-) So glad you are participating at Joy of Desserts.

    ReplyDelete