Friday, August 12, 2011

Hello Kitty!


I'm kind of a closet Hello Kitty lover.  Aside from the Hello Kitty Vans I just got myself, even the hubby didn't realize how obsessed I am with it.  When I saw these Hello Kitty cookie cutters I just had to get them!!  While I was making the Captain America cookies a couple of days back, I decided that I should balance out the testosterone with something girly.  Hello Kitty to the rescue!!

I used a #2 tip to do the outline of her head and bow in black.  I let that dry for several hours before adding the white and red flood consistency icing.  I had a little bubble problem with the white flood icing, but a toothpick managed to take care of those.  After letting that dry overnight I came back with the #2 tip to add the whiskers, eyes, and nose.   I came back a little while later to add the dab of yellow to her nose.  I was pretty happy with these.....still not perfect, but who can say no to that cuteness?

This post is linked to:

12 comments:

  1. These look so adorable! My 2 year old daughter LOVES Hello Kitty. She's got the dolls, the jewelry, the clothes, etc. Thanks for the link on where to buy the cookie cutters!
    P.S. I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo pretty! We love Kitty! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen those Hello Kitty Vans and they are sooooo cute! I made Hello Kitty Cookies not too long ago too. Hello Kitty is such a cute and fun cookie! Yours look great! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever find these cookie cutters, I'm going to buy them. I have two boys but I have a cousin who is a huge Hello Kitty fan. She would love to make these. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little girl loves Hello Kitty! These are super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cure - I love iced buscuits but rarely make them as I'm just not as patient as you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kitty is so cute. I love that it's more popular than ever. Great decorating job. Thank you for linking up at Joy of Desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I would love someone to make these for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice details, they look perfect. I wonder where you found the cookie cutters? My daughter is into Hello Kitty and she would love these.
    I would love it if you would share these cookies at my August "It's a Celebration" link party. These are perfect inspiration for a a whole Hello Kitty Party!
    Christina
    http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/08/its-celebration-link-party-august-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious cookies Kristen! You did a great job of decorating those cookies. Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come back soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up at the August "It's a Celebration" link party. Just wanted to let you know I've featured your cookies as one of my favorites this month!
    You can see it here:
    http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/09/its-celebration-link-party-september.html
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.com

    ReplyDelete