Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We Did It!

We did it!  We survived our first day of Kindergarten!  And by "we" I really mean our 5 year old (ok, and maybe Mommy too).  It was a great day.....absolutely no tears by any of us this morning (a huge fear of mine that had me not sleeping last night).....and when I picked him up he was all smiles and said he had a great day.  What a huge relief!  Maybe now I can try to catch up on my sleep tonight?

Because I was feeling a little stressed out last night, I figured it was the perfect time to try this recipe for Juicy Peach Margaritas from How Sweet It Is.  I had a pile of peaches from my weekly CSA box, and they were going fast from just perfect to too ripe.....just right for these drinks.

The hardest part of making these is the time it takes to peel and chop the peaches.......and trying not to eat them all.  You'll also need to make some simple syrup (equal parts of water and sugar heated until the sugar dissolves) and add some booze (tequila and Grand Marnier or Cointreau), lime juice, and ice (if you want blended, which is what I like).

Then sit back, and soak in the taste of summer......now I want to try these with strawberries......or watermelon........or mango.....hmmm....the possibilities are endless!!

Check out How Sweet It Is for this recipe (and of ton of other delicious stuff)......and Enjoy!!

This post is linked to:
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday
Turning the Table Thursday
Show Off Your Stuff
Fresh Food Friday
Friday Food
This Week's Cravings

No comments:

Post a Comment