Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcakes


Are you a Sprinkles Cupcakes fan?  I really love their Red Velvet mix you can get at Williams-Sonoma (ok, and their Pumpkin mix is pretty good too).....but the couple of times I have gone to an actual Sprinkles location, I've kind of been underwhelmed.  Please don't throw things at me now!!

That being said, when I saw this recipe for their Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting, I had to give it a try for two reasons.  One, I had a ridiculous amount of strawberries at home that we weren't eating fast enough, and two, I've never had a strawberry cupcake that really tasted like a real strawberry cupcake (I can't stand the artificial extracts some places use).

The recipe for the cupcakes is pretty straightforward.....the only additional step being that you'll have to puree your fresh (or thawed frozen) strawberries to use in the cupcake batter (you'll also need to do this for the frosting).  The frosting comes out a beautiful rose-y pink color......a perfect time to try out the rose frosting technique I keep seeing everywhere (although mainly on cakes).  It couldn't be simpler!  Check out i am baker for a great tutorial on how to do create the roses (using a 1M frosting tip, or any large open star tip).

The verdict on these beauties?  Definitely the best strawberry cupcake I've had!  It absolutely tasted of fresh strawberries!  The frosting was a little on the sweet side for me, but the hubby said it was great....and that's all I need.

Check out Oprah.com for the cupcake and the frosting recipes.....and Enjoy!!

Strawberry Cupcakes and Tres Leches Cupcakes
This post is linked to:

12 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look beautiful! Sprinkles' strawberry cupcake recipe is ALWAYS my go-to recipe for anything strawberry cake-related. I think the fresh strawberry puree is what sets them apart for moistness and flavor.

    I agree with you about being underwhelmed at Sprinkles. I visited one in Dallas and was chided (yes, chided!) for taking photos of their display case. I was going to blog about their cupcakes and wanted pictures. Well I did blog about them, but they didn't get any points for customer service! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look delicious and the tres leche ones, too. What a beautiful cupcake tower. I would love to have a sample. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frosting really does look delicious. It just screams Strawberry Shortcake party... I've really been enjoying your blog, and so I've decided to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award. Hope you'll come and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,
    This looks like an awesome cupcake, I just love Strawberry! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so pretty..I love strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are bringing back fond memories. The Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcake and Frosting are some of the very first recipes I published on my Joy of Desserts blog. I made them with my friend-in-real-life who sadly no longer blogs, but we had a blast baking and eating in my kitchen. The frosting is SO good and such a pretty shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may use other people's recipes but you presented these beautifully and you get credit for making the lovely cupcakes and your photographic presentation.

    These are being featured at Bake with Bizzy, now. Come on and visit and feel free to share another yummy recipe.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so pretty! The pink of the frosting is perfect. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a sucker for a pretty cupcake in a pretty stand....love these! Thanks for sharing and sorry for the late comment.

    Tea Party Tuesday link up is open again, would love to have you back! http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/2011/09/tea-party-tuesday-tea-party-sweets.html

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cupcakes are so pink and pretty! I've been looking for a way to use up the frozen strawberries in my freezer and this is it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty cupcakes and they look delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up at my "It's a Celebration" link party. Your fresh strawberry frosting has my mouth watering. I've featured your cupcakes on tomorrows post!
    Thanks Again,
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.com

    ReplyDelete